Monday, March 29, 2010

A PR indeed!

Just wanted to update everyone! I completed my first race of the year, a 5k in Pittsburgh. The course was great and the event was very well organized! I love good events!

I finished the race in 29:27, officially, and was 16 out of 54 in my age group. This is a PR for me. My last 5k was 13 weeks after having the babe and I finished in 34 minutes. It's really awesome to see how far I've come since then. This was my friend's first race and we finished at the same time. I'm so proud of her! You can see pictures and read more on my personal blog!

I would like to run another 5k this year and aim for a 26 minute race. I've been doing a lot of speed training and I would love to see the fruits of my labor :) After this race, I decided I much prefer races with a little distance. A 5k is what I run on easy days, so it's just not as much of a challenge. Good to learn!

I'm running a 10k this weekend. One last running party before we hit the road and move to Edmond. Oh, I'm now just two (2!!!) pounds away from my pre-baby weight. So far, so good.

How is everyone else?! Anyone still in this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment